Thu, Dec 14|
Learn to Code
This coding class will teach the basics of HTML and CSS. Please read the requirements carefully.
Time & Location
Dec 14, 2023, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
About the Event
HTML and CSS are the bedrock languages of the internet. Take a look at a website -- each and every shape, curve, color, transition, button, sound, and action uses HTML and CSS to do what it does and look the way it looks.
<strong>Your child can harness the power of HTML and CSS!</strong>
In this 6-week class, students will be introduced to these powerful web languages. Students will learn the basics of each new concept and be given the tools and encouragement to navigate the course content (which will be completed on their own between class sessions). Through challenges, students will build simple websites. Toward the end of the class, they'll create a website all on their own!
By the end of this class, students will be able to:
- Create their own simple website from scratch (we're not rebuilding YouTube here!)
- Analyze and understand HTML and CSS code
- Apply refined problem-solving skills to any future coding endeavors
- Continue learning more about HTML and CSS if desired!
- A computer with a physical keyboard
- Basic typing skills and knowledge of keyboard terminology (colon, backslash, enter, etc.)
- Ability to critically think through puzzles
- Ability to memorize computer language/terminology
Tech Requirements: All students must work on their own device. Each device must be able to connect to Zoom and must have a physical keyboard. No cell phones, no tablets. Students must have access to an email account in order to send/recieve messages. Students must be able/allowed to create an online account at freeCodeCamp.
Time: 6:00pm to 7:00pm
THIS CLASS WILL REQUIRE APPROXIMATELY 3 TO 5 HOURS OF WEEKLY HOMEWORK
Dates: 12/7, 12/14, 12/21, Break, 1/4, 1/11, 1/18
Office Hours: Built into each week in case students get a little stuck
This course was designed to keep students occupied through the busy holiday season. Students should be able to attend class and complete the homework without parental help.
Please direct any questions to Kari Prokop. Email or text:
Learn to Code$0.00