Mon, May 16|
Wisconsin Dells Ducks
End of Year CELEBRATION
**Be sure to read "About the Event" below. Click "read more" for detailed information.**
Time & Location
May 16, 2022, 9:00 AM
Wisconsin Dells Ducks, 1890 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965, USA
About the Event
This is going to be a day of fun, education, community, curriculum, and entertainment. You are welcome to stay for the entire day or just parts that interest you. This event is open to all family members free of charge, not just WISE students, so bring the whole family.
There are a lot of details. If you have any questions, please contact Kari Prokop. Cell: 715-252-7999
9:00am - Meet in parking lot for Ducks Tour
Ducks are amphibious vehicles that travel on land and water. We will tour the Dells in a Duck!
Noon - Lunch and Curriculum Swap (the Curriculum Swap continues throughout the day) at the Bowman Park Pavilion (700 Broadway Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965)
- Lunch: We will provide pizza and ice cream. If you would like to bring something to share, feel free. You will have an opportunity to tell us the category of food in the registration. Please, though, do NOT feel obligated to bring food to share.
- Curriculum Swap: This is your opportunity to bring all those books and supplies, which you are completely finished with, and get them out of your house. It’s also an opportunity to pick up new things for next year or look at products you have been considering. How it works: Leave your items in your vehicle during the Duck Tour. When we arrive at Bowman Park for lunch and entertainment, bring your items into the shelter and set them on tables. Each table will be marked with a subject. Then, walk around the tables and take other items of interest home with you.
- Faith-Based Items: This is a great time to donate to Christian Friends of WISE Academy. We’ll have an area set up for faith-based curricula donations and a way to record your donation for tax purposes.
1:00pm - Getting Excited About Science
Steve Belliveau, from Getting Excited About Science, will entertain us during lunch. The show will use dramatic demonstration, humor, music, and audience participation while presenting the principles of air/water pressure, magnetism, electricity, friction, chemistry, simple machines, conservation of energy, sound, and color!
2:15pm - Dessert, Survey, Certificates of Achievement
- The registration will ask you to tell us one achievement that each child in your group did this year. It doesn’t have to be limited to WISE students. We’ll celebrate all children in attendance! The registration has a time limit (and I can’t turn it off, sorry). You may want to type out your achievements and copy/paste them onto the registration. Please keep the achievement short. (Example: Hugh Ray - Learned to recognize and pronounce the -ow sounds while reading. Or, Al E. Gator - Sucessfully learned to ride a two-wheel bicycle.)
- The survey is put out by the Governance Council.
- Dessert is self-explanatory. :)
3:30pm - Clean up, go home, and take a nap
- Curriculum: Any WISE curriculum that you are no longer using and don't anticipate using in the future. This is the perfect time to clean stuff out.
- Folding Chairs: There is limited seating around picnic tables, so you may want to bring your own seating.
- Food: Bringing something to share is not necessary, however, if you would like to bring something for lunch or dessert to share, you are more than welcome.
Deadline to Register: May 1, 2022
End of Year CELBRATION
The number of tickets should match the number of people in your party.$0.00